West Coast Swing
The Line Dance Competition will be composed of multiple rounds. Competitors will be chosen by judges to advance to the next round. The top three finalists will be given their choice of prize package!
WEST COAST SWING
All American-Jack and Jill (all levels combined)
Partners will be chosen at random at the event.
One Step, Two Step, Half Step, Progressive Country Swing
1 Division: Strictly (choose your partner)/Open (All Levels)
Levels based on CTST standings
Newcomer/Novice (CTST sanctioned)
Intermediate/Advanced (CTST Sanctioned)
Number of rounds will be determined based on number of the competitors.
There will be a panel of five-seven judges. They will be looking for:
1. Timing/Rhythm(Using the music provided)
2. Stretch and Momentum (creating and maintaining connection with partner)
3. Musicality (Creativity to go with the music)
4. Teamwork(How well you and your partner dance together with connection)
5. Complexity/Variety of Patterns(utilizing different movements to accentuate the music)
The top three individuals in each level will receive prize package including tickets to YESSS!! Dance Convention & National Competition!